Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Thursday Again!

Welcome to Thursday Dream Schemes featuring a great idea using Dream Weaver Stencils. Be sure to visit the other bloggers on the Dream Team and see what fun things they have come up with.

It may not be obvious but I am sort of an earthy type. Growing up in Portland, Oregon where it rains a lot, I spent a good portion of my childhood playing outdoors in the mud (much to my mother's dismay). I grew up to have several outdoor jobs that frequently left me muddy!  Now, I only get to play in the dirt on my days off when I work in the yard. That's ok. Though Harvey, our pup, manages to bring in enough dirt for all when it is wet enough.

Today's challenge has us using this template:

Here is what I created:

I love tags, you will see more over the next several weeks. 

For this stencil I used the following items:
Dream Weaver stencils LS94, bird on a branch, Bird cage LL3012 and Swirls LJ890
Ranger Distress Inks to ink the stencils and to distress the tag, paper and oval
Old dictionary pages
Grunge Board for the oval
Tim Holtz adornments
Ribbon colored with Distress Ink
Tag from American Tag

Tear a portion of the dictionary page so that the rough tears are facing you. Color with blue Distress Ink using the foam ink applicator.  Set aside.

Age the tag with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and the foam ink applicator. Using the swirl stencil, lightly stencil in the background using a stencil brush and the Vintage Photo ink. 

Stencil in the Bird Cage using Distress Inks, add the bird from the bird and branch stencil. 
Adhere the dictionary page to the bottom of the tag, trim any overhang on the tag. 


Take the oval grunge board, adhere dictionary page. Trim the dictionary to the edges of the oval. Age with Vintage Photo Distress  and Aged Mahogany inks. Stencil on the Bird on Branch using Ranger Distress Inks. 

Adhere the oval to the tag. 

Print out or stamp sentiment for the card. 

Add the ribbon and charm to the top of the tag. 

That's it today! Have fun and be creative -- it's really good for your brain!

8 comments:

  1. Oooohhh la la! This is so beautiful Lee. That new birdcage stencil has potential to be very popular...I love it anyway. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Lee! Great use of stencils and distress together. Very vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, this is awesome. I think distress inks and Dreamweaver Stencils are the perfect marriage. I hope you have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the layers and colors. The stenciling over the written pages is soooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea with the dictionary page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nicely done. Love the Birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positively YUMMY!! I really like the vintage look you achieved...and lovin' all those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve the tag Lee, Distress inks and stencils, what more can you need?

    ReplyDelete