Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Valentine's Card!

I do love Valentine's Day and all the fun cards one can make for nearly anyone! Who doesn't like getting a Valentine's Day Card?

This card happened by chance, yes it's a card, not a tag! I had colored in the background and looked at it for days wondering what to do with it. While surfing the web I saw a card using a flourish with a bird on it. The light went on and I borrowed the concept to create this card.




What you need:
Dream Weaver Stencils: LS94- Bird on Branch and LX7001 Damask background
Colorbox Chalk Inks
May Arts ribbon

I stenciled the damask background on white paper using Colorbox Gray Whale Chalk ink. Then I added the bird using Colorbox Berrylicious Chalk ink.

Layer the paper on red card stock. Wrap a length of ribbon along the front. Tie a bow and adhere to ribbon.

It is easy to tie a bow separately and attach it than trying to tie it with a length of ribbon around the paper.

Take a section of ribbon and your scissors. Tie the ribbon around the closed blades of the scissors, pulling the knot and bows tight. With another pair of scissors, trim the ends so they are not too long. Slide it off the scissors and adhere to the ribbon/card.

11 comments:

  1. Great job with the new stencils Lee!! I am so in love with the Damask stencil that I have tons of backgrounds made and a can't quite seem to find the right fit for what I have in mind. I hope you have a super day and I can't wait to finally meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun card! Love the look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I am really liking the damask background stencil - lots of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, this is sooo pretty Lee! That new background is going to be one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, another stencil I need!! Your Damask background is really pretty. Thank you for doing such great instructions. I tend to be too sketchy. Really nice card and I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of the red bird on that gray damask background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The damask is going to be HOT! Very sweet with the bird on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful -- love the monochrome look of the grey on white damask.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this damask stencil. You made such a sweet and simple card--good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pop of the red bird on this! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete