Thursday, December 2, 2010

Embossing on Vellum

I use a heavy vellum that still has some translucency. Using embossing paste, I hang dry the vellum, using the tape I had taped it to the work surface. I have had some vellum crinkle, perhaps this one didn't as it was an all over embossing.

I have had success heat embossing vellum using the Ranger heat tool. The Ranger heat tool is a slower heat tool as compared to the Milwaukee heat which is a quick to heat tool. Working slowly with the heat tool several inches above the surface and slowly melt the embossing powder.

I used LJ896 Flourish and LJ819 Snowflakes for the card.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the further instruction on how you worked with the vellum. I love vellum but sometimes get frustrated with the crinkle and waves that come from some mediums.

    ReplyDelete